For the first time ever, Spain, Portugal and France will have easy access to level 2 certification. This is the time all level 1 trainers can come together and proceed to the next step, IKFF Level 2.
We’ve designed this certification so that those who don’t yet have the level 1, can do level 1 on the first 1.5 days and immediately proceed to level 2 on the following 1.5 days.
- €500 for IKFF CKT Level 1
- €500 for IKFF CKT Level 2
- €700 for IKFF CKT Level 1 & 2
Contact us for group discounts
Book now, book early, spots are limited to 20 for this unique opportunity. Pay to have your spot reserved.
The Costa del Sol is easily accessible from Portugal, France, Scotland, Ireland, England and Wales.
The location is within Malaga, exact location will soon be provided.
- IKFF is the leading international kettlebell certification for fitness professionals.
- International Gold-standard for kettlebell professionalism.
- Strict criteria for CKT recogntions (includes an exam that the candidate must pass to receive certification recognition).
- Personally taught by Steve Cotter, a world-renowned kettlebell training pioneer.
The CKT Level 1 course focuses on two high level points:
1. Mastery of the basics – You will learn all the fundamental kettlebell exercises, several variations and most importantly, the key physical training principles underlying and associated with each movement.
2. Coaching skills – In addition to learning how to take your own fitness to higher levels, you will learn how to coach others safely and effectively utilizing a process Steve has refined over several years and thousands of clients.
- Push Press
- Jerk (taught but not tested on)
- Long Cycle (Clean + Jerk – taught but not tested on)
- Squat, an important assistance exercise to reinforce mastery of these basics
What will you learn at a CKT certification?
-The classical kettlebell lifts and their variations
the different types of breathing and knowing how to apply them for safety and efficiency
-How to properly execute the competition lifts involved in Russian Kettlebell Sport – swing, snatch, clean, jerk and long cycle (clean + jerk)
-How to design a program for any fitness goal you or your clients may have
-Mobility and flexibility work specific to kettlebell training
The necessary drills needed to help ensure you and your clients learn all the lifts safely
-Assistance exercises for competition training – these very unique exercises to bring your conditioning and technique to new levels
detailed instruction in hand position and other alignment cues that are so critical to performance and safety; these subtle details would take years to learn with this expert instruction
The IKFF prides itself on producing coaches that are the gold standard in the industry. Thus, our criteria for passing is strict.
All CKT Level 1 candidates must pass a stringent assessment in order to successful complete the requirements and achieve the Level 1 CKT distinction.
The assessment is to be the performance of all level 1 techniques. For all lifts, form is checked to assure effective understanding and performance of the movements. In addition to the technical assessment, all candidates must pass the following Level 1 test. This is a test of minimum standards for Level 1 and a building block for continuous progression in abilities. Thus, the focus is on lighter weights and lower volume with exceptional technique.
-Hand-hand Swing: 20kg x 100 – switching hands after each rep is completed
-1 arm Clean& Press: 20kg x 16 reps per hand AND must work for the full 2 minutes on each hand (4 min set); 32 reps total non-stop
-Snatch: 20kg x 60 reps with only 1 hand switch (can do 30 each hand or any combo that totals 60 reps)
-Front Squat: 20kg x 30 reps AND must hold KB for entire 2 min
-Hand-hand Swing: 12kg x 100 – switching hands after each rep is completed
-1 arm Clean& Press: 12kg x 16 reps per hand AND must work for the full 2 minutes on each hand (4 min set); 32 reps total non-stop
-Snatch: 12kg x 60 reps with only 1 hand switch (can do 30 each hand or any combo that totals 60 reps)
-Front Squat: 12kg x 30 reps AND must hold KB for entire 2 min
* The above is performed one right after the next with no rest or breaks inbetween exercises.
* Women under 45 kg can use 8kg and for men under 60kg can use 16kg; men and women over 55 years of age can use 16kg and 8kg respectively
In the case that a candidate is unable to successfully demonstrate competence in one of more of the Level 1 techniques, the student will receive a Certificate of Participation and will need to subsequently demonstrate correction of the techniques. There are numerous avenues in order to accomplish this, including attending a review Level 1 course, testing in person with an IKFF regional representative or by providing video evidence of the corrected techniques.
Participants qualify for 0.9 contact hours with NASM.